Coaching and Mentoring Workshop
Setting and having a standard of excellence is great. Every company must set goals and have benchmarks for your team members and/or employees to meet. However, what do you do with an employee who consistently does not hit their goals, or perform up to their potential? Well, the “Crime and Punishment” approach to motivation just does not work. Punishing or firing should not be the first option when dealing with someone who has the potential to be an outstanding member of your team. Most managers/leaders do not know how to motivate their individual team members. So, what do you do?
This workshop focuses on how to be a mentor and coach to your team members and/or employees, to get them to perform at their highest level. Coaching is all about relationship building and setting attainable goals, with action plans to reach those goals. Leadership is not about making people fear your authority, but about getting people to see that you “see” them, and that you are willing to seek to understand their needs, and help them to become the best that they can be.
This Workshop Will Cover:
- The Definition of A Coach
- GROW Model
- Using The SMART Technique To Identify and Set Appropriate Goals
- Identify Steps To Understand and See Each Team Member/Employee’s Situation
- Steps To Develop A Plan and Getting Your Employee(s) Motivated to Work The Plan
- Building and Fostering Trust With Your Team Members/Employees
- Giving Effective Feedback While Building and Maintaining Trust
- Identifying and Overcoming Common Obstacles
- Knowing When To Transition Your Employee(s) To Other Growth Opportunities
- The Difference Between Mentoring and Coaching
· Get Your Certificate of Completion After You Complete The Course
Time: 8:00am - 12:00pm
Date: Monday, May 21st, 2018
Location: 3311 Division Ave South - Wyoming, MI 49548
(You will find us off Division and 33rd - Behind the Speedway and the Dollar General. The building will have a sign/banner that says Hope Restored Empowerment Center. Enter through the center door).